nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

From: Andrew Brown <twofsonet () graffiti com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:06:25 -0500

Above.Net really is filtering ORBS.  And if ORBS lists people who block
them.....
indeed!  and just imagine the ensuing chaos if orbs decided to (or got
hacked and was made to) list the root-servers.

oh my god!  we could not receive dns responses by email!  this would be the
end of the net as we know it!  news at 11.

alright already.  randy...i would expect better from you.

yes, i admit to being confused and thinking that orbs was (as rbl is)
available as a bgp map.  it is not.  i am corrected.

   ip route 202.36.148.16 255.255.255.255 null0

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
codewarrior () daemon org             * "ah!  i see you have the internet