nanog mailing list archives

Sharing and Cooperation (was Re: whois broke again?)

From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson () greendragon com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 08:50:18 -0500

Sean Donelan wrote:

Its strange how most of the executives came out the White House meeting saying
the solution was "Cooperation."

Yet, when someone volunteered to run a mirror of the data, he was told
that it might be illegal.

Can't we all agree to setup a mirror or two?  Let's just do it!

The other thing we have to do is boycott NSI with our dollars.  But, in
that we probably cannot "officially" cooperate.  However, we can share
experiences....

Which registrars have we had _positive_ experiences?

WSimpson () UMich edu