nanog mailing list archives

Re: UBR at MAE-East ATM, anyone?

From: "Lauren F. Nowlin" <ren () onyx net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:38:10 -0700

Thanks for your update Steve and to Alex for getting the ball rolling.

ONYX would also like to see this change implemented.

The model the AADS team uses is far superior to any other scheme to 'monitor' interactions between peers at the PVC level. Hands-off full mesh build is the easiest to activate rapidly without botched PVCs trickling in one-by-one or stuck in a random queue of a departed employee... The PeerMaker method is too human intensive for little to no gain from an operational sense. A negative if you can't use the capacity for fear of artificial caps being exceeded with other peers, which is the case noted below.

Also, I've never understood why PBNAP PVC build requests between two customers - approved by both customers - have to be sent to PacBell Marketing for approval...

Alex, let me know if I can help your efforts in any way.

Thanks again,
-Ren