nanog mailing list archives

Re: a different view of SNMP

From: woods () most weird com (Greg A. Woods)
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 12:33:53 -0400 (EDT)

[ On Sunday, September 5, 1999 at 09:46:43 (-0400), bandregg () redhat com wrote: ]
Subject: Re: a different view of SNMP

Or that you don't have to use that piece of crap called Configuration Mangler
to deal with the thing and then pay for upgrades to a version of configuration
software that doesn't leave the equipment in a bad state.

That's what I meant -- there was a wide berth left open for something
that would work (better) and very little stopping anyone from writing it
(save for lack of a significant market, I suppose).

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods () acm org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods () planix com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods () weird com>