nanog mailing list archives

Re: Suggestion: Add contact entry to whois

From: owen () DeLong SJ CA US (Owen DeLong)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:19:42 -0800

 The only problem is your collegues want detailed
 Administrative, Billing, Technical and now Abuse
 and security and who knows what other private data
 for be globally available. And how many other people
 will use this information, even our phone numbers,
 for their own, negative purposes? So while your call
 may be benign there are many more callers or mail
 advertisers, bulk e-mailers and so on who abuse the
 heck out of what should be confidential data.

We want it to be possible for people who choose to to publish this
information.  Noone was proposing requiring additional data.

Owen