nanog mailing list archives

Re: ORBS block

From: woods () most weird com (Greg A. Woods)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:25:45 -0500 (EST)

[ On Thursday, December 16, 1999 at 16:44:19 (-0500), Dean Anderson wrote: ]
Subject: ORBS block

Well, after almost a month of no attacks and a coincident month of
ORBS blocking at BBN/NZ link, the block on ORBS has been lifted, and
we have started getting relay attacks again.  I think thats pretty
conclusive evidence that they are the cause of the relay attacks.

It's only evidence that someone thinks you're relays are viable
targets.  Other than that you've presented no evidence whatsoever.

I'm hoping the removal was an oversight, but I'd like to ask people to
please put the following access lists in:

access-list 104 deny ip 202.36.148.5 0.0.0.255 any
access-list 104 deny ip 202.36.147.16 0.0.0.255 any

If I were anywhere near any network doing that I would consider it to be
theft of service by the network operator.

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods () acm org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods () planix com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods () weird com>