nanog mailing list archives

Re: UU Net sales tactics?

From: "Louis A. Destree" <destree () solstice flash net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:27:01 +0000 ( )

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, John Golovich wrote:
Has anyone else received a phone call from a UUnet salesman out of the blue?
It appears that he used the Boardwatch magazine, because he quoted me some
information out of it about my company.

Funny you should mention this.  I have a 45MB/s feed to UUNet in Dallas,
and have had for years. Probably a year ago I had a UUNet salesman call me
out of the blue saying he was now responsible for my account, and I should
be talking to him for all of my UUNet related business.  However,
according to WorldCom, and more specifically my WorldCom sales rep, I was
still supposed to go through WorldCom for my UUNet dealings.  Can you say
comi$$ion?

About two months back, I got a flyer from UUNet, with a new person
claiming to be my sales rep.  Again, the WorldCom rep I have states she
should be our primary contact for UUNet business.

Personally, I think the UUNet feed I have is excellent, but it would be
nice to see a bit more UUNet-WorldCom coordination.  It's leaving those of
us in the customer community confused.

Louis
--
Louis A. Destree