nanog mailing list archives

Re: UU Net sales tactics?

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () inorganic5 fdt net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:54:09 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, John Golovich wrote:

When I stated to them that their company is one of the most expensive T1
providers, he responded with
"Not every company is able to afford the best Internet that can be offered"
(implying UUnet is directly that).

Any comments or stories that can be shared?

The implication might have been true (or at least fairly true) 3-4 years
ago.  I can definitely say from personal experience as a former customer,
the quality of their service degraded considerably, the clue level at
their NOC went down considerably, and they basically just aren't the
company they once were.  I can give people specific stories to back all
this up...but don't want to waste everyone's time with them here.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis () fdt net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  to get the job done.