nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cp net>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:34:57 -0700

On 10/01/98, Barry Shein <bzs () world std com> wrote:

The question isn't so much "does there exist any non-criminal SLD in
the .to TLD". The question is: Does there exist any legitimate purpose
for the .to TLD?  Such as serving the Kingdom of Tonga or entities
organized in the Kingdom of Tonga in any way? Or is it just rogue?

        Who are we to decide?  I think it's up to the Kingdom of Tonga,
        not a nearly-random group of network engineers.  But as always,
        you are quite welcome to configure your nameservers to ignore
        .TO domains.

--
J.D. Falk <jdfalk () cp net>               Have you hugged your backups today?
Special Agent In Charge (Abuse Issues)