nanog mailing list archives

Re: gotta love those internic boyz

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:02:22 -0500

On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 06:28:21PM -0800, Paul A Vixie wrote:

i've been in touch with wired news and have been queried about this from
CNN and i'll be telling the whole story to every reporter who can reach me.
i've seen holtzman's comments about "unreliable volunteer servers" in the
WSJ in the past and i'm no longer willing to sit by and be slandered when
it was NSI's problem all along.  (tcpdump doesn't lie.)

Paul, you might want to pass on this anecdote from me...

A couple months ago, when I was talking to a couple people at NetSol about
their failure to perform certain tasks that they were supposed to be
performing, David Holtzman blew up at me. He was incensed that I'd even
*imply* that they weren't perfect or even that they weren't doing an adequate
job.

So it seems that he might have a hard time admitting there was a problem.

FY(and everyone else's)I.

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol () nacs net]
Part-time Support Droid [support () nacs net]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."