nanog mailing list archives

Re: [fjk].gtld-servers.net bogus for .com

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 19:07:29 -0500

On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 03:36:53PM -0600, Michael P. Lucking wrote:

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 steve () altrina exodus net wrote:

Yes.. I'm hearing tons of complaints about this.. and its still broken
at this time, [f jkl] root-servers.net are not correctly responding
correctly and causing a lot of problems on the Internet as a whole.

Many people have sent mail to NetSol about the issue.. but no statments
have come from them (that I have seen).. Anyone have any information?

I spoke with our support rep at NSI about an hour ago, and was told that

Exodus has a support representative? Must be nice... :)

I'm on the phone with NetSol now. According to my clock it's 7:06 PM EST,
so the nameserver updates should be happening now.

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol () nacs net]
Part-time Support Droid [support () nacs net]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."