nanog mailing list archives

RE: ARIN?

From: Christian Kratzer <ck () toplink net>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 11:24:55 +0100

Hi,

[stuff snipped]
And I have a whole lot of dialup users that would love to
have a static IP
so they can more easily run servers and such.  Several years
ago when our
users were staticly addressed, ARIN requested that we move to dynamic
addressing.  Why do my users have to be dynamically addressed
but @home's
do not?
[stuff snipped]

I don't think arin would object to you giving out static ip's to
those of your users who specifically requst this service. ARIN
will object if you want to assign a static ip every win95 Dialup
person who justs uses the net to surf and check his mail.

Greetings
Christian

--
TopLink Internet Services GmbH