nanog mailing list archives

Re (2): Core router bakeoff?

From: Eric Germann <ekgermann () CCTEC COM>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 11:42:40 -0400

At 10:10 PM 5/7/98 -0400, jkucic () kpmg com wrote:
Eric Germann <ekgermann () cctec com>,Internet writes:

<snip>

</snip>

Hey, you haven't spoken with your local Cabletron rep lately; Cabletron is
pushing channel relationships again.

The abuser says "I won't do it again, I swear".  Yeah right.

Now that I ragged on em, they do have solid stuff.  I have one client who
has had their MMAC hubs up and running for about 8 years with narry a
hiccup.  And these are in rotten basements.

You are right but is it Year 2000 compliant?

Do we really care if an unmanaged hub is Y2K compliant?  As long as it
forwards packets....

BTW, saw a great ad the other day from Nortel on y2k compliance on T1
concentrators.  Anyone have any idea why it matters in a mux, if it isn't
managed?

Eric

Thanks,

Joe Kucic