nanog mailing list archives

Re: Core router bakeoff?

From: agirsch () OASysGroup com (Arnaud Girsch)
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:30:14 -0700

They just released some announcement that major companies and campuses are
using their equipment for new backbones.

That sounds like salesspeak. I've used lots of cabletron hubs and such
over the years, but they never seemed to have real routers.

They just released in Las Vegas their new line of "SmartSwitch Routers" ...
I recently read an independant comparison, and they were "faster" than Cisco.

I don't know about reliability, functionalities, etc ... I haven't had much
experience with these.

Arnaud.

--
Arnaud C. Girsch      -+-       The OASys Group, Inc.
agirsch () OASysGroup com  -+- Tel: 408-872-0203 Fax: 408-872-0210 - Saratoga, CA