nanog mailing list archives

Re: WorldNIC

From: "just me." <matt () bikkle interq or jp>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:31:13 +0900 (JST)

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Dean Robb wrote:

Let's remember for a moment that not all net.users are net.savvy.  I think
the TLDs SHOULD have a logical category structure.  If I'm trying to find
an educational institution, I'd expect to find it in the .edu TLD, a
commercial organization in .com, etc.  As I recall, that's the entire
purpose in naming the TLDs as they are.

Let's remember that not all net.users and net.resources are located in
north.america. And that not all net.names are registered with the
same.nic. I think its time you opened your eyes a.bit.

matt.ghali

  Matt Ghali MG406/GM023JP - System Administrator, interQ, Inc AS7506
  "Sub-optimal is a state of mind." -Dave Rand, <dlr () bungi com>