nanog mailing list archives

Re: WorldNIC

From: Michael Dillon <michael () memra com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 19:16:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Dean Robb wrote:

Let's remember for a moment that not all net.users are net.savvy.  I think
the TLDs SHOULD have a logical category structure.  If I'm trying to find
an educational institution, I'd expect to find it in the .edu TLD,

I'd expect to find it in Altavista...

While there's no real NEED for TLD consistancy, it certainly makes life
easier and allows for differentiation between, for example only,
Liberty.edu (being Liberty University) and Liberty.com (Liberty Mutual
Insurance).

What about Ford Consulting and Ford Motors?

--
Michael Dillon                 -               Internet & ISP Consulting
Memra Communications Inc.      -               E-mail: michael () memra com