nanog mailing list archives

Re: $110,000 for Gated Source Code

From: "Alex P. Rudnev" <alex () Relcom EU net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:16:54 +0400 (MSD)

There is ONLY (ONLY) two well-debugged and wideworld checked router
implementation now - first is CISCO IOS, second is GATED.
First is checked over million  CISCOs, second was
checked
by MERIT's back-bone, by a lot of ISP who used gated for their host-based
routers, and now by those vendors who implemented gated into their
routers. I do not think it's an excellent product (through nothing is
excellent in the Internet), but in comparation to the other
implementation it's out of competition for now (remember a lot of
Internet bums caused by Wellfleet? RIP broadcast storms over the
inter-sea links caused by Annex? And so on...).

Through the world is changed every day.