nanog mailing list archives

Re: Why does Sprint have address filters again?

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () shell nacs net>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 15:39:35 -0400

On Sat, May 30, 1998 at 09:22:35AM -0400, Avi Freedman wrote:
And who pays for the administration of this service?
The government does.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding here, but I thought ARIN was supposed
to be moving towards not being funded by anyone besides themselves...

What is going on here?  ASNs didn't used to cost money until ARIN got its
claws into them.

Question is, what are the costs of maintaining the database of ASN
information?

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,