nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone Deployed Ascend's GRF IP Switch?

From: Peter Lothberg <roll () Stupi SE>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 97 21:42:37 MET DST

GRF's also take about 5-10 minutes to reboot, which can be annoying.
Nathan Stratton                             President, CTO,
NetRail,Inc.

My 7206s reboot in well under a minute (the -p- builds fit right into
bootflash, so no need for a boot-then-think-then-load-flash-then-think
cycle).

Once up, they transfer full routes bidirectionally with 7505s in
10-15 seconds.
Avi

Our BFR:s (cisco 12000) reboots in less than a minute and if it's a
box reload the outage is short enough so that downstream IBGP speakers
maintain their BGP sessions that are routed through the reloaded box.

--Peter