nanog mailing list archives

Re: FBI calls for mandatory key escrow; Denning on export ctrls

From: Rick Horowitz/Vice-President <admin () psnw com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 10:06:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Selina F. Priestley wrote:

How can we trace criminals/spam artists/hackers easily and hand them over to
the feds w/o handing over our rights as well?

If we don't have any answers to these questions, and plans for getting there,
then we might as well quit our bitching.

Why?  Since when did it become a requirement that to protect our rights,
we had to solve law enforcement problems?

Rick Horowitz
Network Administrator
ProtoSource Network             A Division of ProtoSource Corporation
Voice: (209) 490-8600 or (800) 426-8638        2300 Tulare, Suite 210
Fax: (209) 490-8630                            Fresno, CA  93721-2226
Data: Call us for your local access number!       http://www.psnw.com