nanog mailing list archives

Re: Denial of service attacks apparently from UUNET Netblocks

From: Eric Wieling <eric () ccti net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 09:55:56 -0500

On Tue, Oct 07, 1997 at 01:03:14AM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
I would not be surprised if the caller's phone number were logged, most
modern modem banks talk ANIS and DNIS, which if I'm remembering correctly
is basically caller ID.  I'm thinking of putting this on our POP, as there
doesn't seem to be an extra charge to get the data from the telco.

Unless you are using CallerID authentication, the Ascend MAXes do not
log the caller's number.  I assume that the TNT's have the same
problem.

--Eric

--
Eric Wieling (eric () ccti net), Corporate Communications Technology
Sales: 504-585-7303 (sales () ccti net), Support: 504-525-5449 (support () ccti net)