nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spam Control Considered Harmful

From: Dannyman <djhoward () uiuc edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 22:43:46 -0600

On Wed, Oct 29, 1997 at 11:40:26PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:

A popular, but unfortunately all too untrue fallacy.  Bulk snail-mail
costs us all on the less tangible side.  Here in Canada our postal
service would like us to believe that bulk mail subsidises the cost of
first class mail, but in the opinions of many the savings are hardly
worth those less tangible costs that might affect us much deeper than
just our pocket books.

We have the same theory here that it subsidizes first class stuff. I don't
mind it so much, coz it's free paper, and I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I
recycle or burn it. :)

--
  //Dan   -=-     This message brought to you by djhoward () uiuc edu    -=-
\\/yori   -=-    Information - http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/djhoward/   -=-