nanog mailing list archives

Re: Possible topic?

From: Alan Hannan <hannan () bythetrees com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:36:49 -0400

  Maybe I misread your note.  Please clarify.

If I could add a NAP to this list, the Sprint NAP is having
horrific packet loss and I understand that legal action
was necessary to get the invovled parties to resolve the
situation.
There is a FDDI Ring at the NAP which was overcrowded.
It apparently took some legal action to get Sprint
(or whoever is responsible for the Sprint NAP :) )
to make the necessary upgrades.  What I've heard is that
4 GigaSwitches are being installed from MFS and that
this installation/upgrade ETR is 1-2 months.

  Are you saying that Sprint obtained 4 GigaSwitches from MFS?

  -a