nanog mailing list archives

Re: Web Biz Universal Remove List Update

From: Steve Mansfield <steve () nwnet net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 09:31:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Craig A. Huegen wrote:
When IEMMC came out, I did a real test.  I created a new account never
used for anything.  I jumped through their hoops Jun 18, 1997, and got
confirmation I was on their remove list.  That account still has not been
spammed.  It has gotten one message that could be interpreted as hate
mail, but that's all:

I did likewise, and got the exact opposite result.  I've reports going in
both directions indicating no spam or suddenly receiving lots of spam to
junk accounts created just for the sole purpose of testing the
global-remove.  I would say that overall the thing is a joke.

Steve Mansfield                          steve () nwnet net
NorthWestNet Network Engineer            425-649-7467