nanog mailing list archives

Re: Quote from Kashpureff / Re: question about per. hack

From: Jim Wise <jimw () numenor turner com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 22:32:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Jesse M. Caulfield wrote:

Sure! Money, of course, is the root of all evil. I'm sure the Soviets
could'a / would'a had a great, state run name service. You could get your
domain registered while you wait in line for bread and toilet paper. Too
bad that system failed!

Yahoo.  Our state granted monopoly on name service is so much better
than anyone else's because of the wonders of _capitalism_.  You tell 'im
Jesse...

--
                                Jim Wise
                                jim.wise () turner com