nanog mailing list archives

Re: Quote from Kashpureff / Re: question about per. hack

From: Curt Howland <howland () conxion com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 14:22:55 -0700 (PDT)

taking money for an essential service and trying to make a profit, is
PURE EVIL and goes against everything that I belive "the net" should be.

Sure! Money, of course, is the root of all evil.

No, LOVE OF MONEY is the root of all evil, or so the quote
goes.

Basically envey, jelousy, coveting your neighbors YP-X...

NSI does a good job at what they do, and 50 bucks a year really isn't
much to whine about.

I have no problem with paying them, when I choose to use them.
The fact that they are the only game in town, by goverment
fiat, is objectionable.

Honestly, I like the idea of competing NIC's. Not exactly sure
how to do it without just as much an arbitrary fiat as what
I object to in the first place. The *idea* of the Alternic is
excelent. Their execution is prosecutable.

Grow up Mr. Mathias. Profit is the only reason you have a job, food in
your grocery store, and an Internet to complain about.

Couldn't agree more. Viva la almighty BUCK.

Jesse "I'm Capitalist and I'm proud" Caulfield.

Curt-