nanog mailing list archives

Re: BOOM! there goes WorldCom

From: Scott Yoneyama <yone () wolfenet com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:49:42 -0700

Todd Wilkens wrote:

The Wiltel name stayed with Williams.  Williams calls the old Vyvx
group
"WilTel"

The Worldcom carrier group still uses the WilTel name. As do the
Worldcom trucks.  How can that be if Williams owns the name?  Also, the
fact that Worldcom owns the name for another 7 years ( or is it 7 years
total- I can't remember) was told to me by one of the Executive VP's
with Williams Communications Group.