nanog mailing list archives

Re: BOOM! there goes WorldCom

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () domino org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:00:54 +0100

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:54:52 -0500
 Brian Koehl <bgk () usld com> wrote:

floods are also big problems in rr-ror.  The only real protection you
have is ringed SONET, however, even in that arrangment some carriers do
not have the ability to reroute everything, just the priority stuff.  So
they'll still have outages.  It's all a matter of capacity and what
electronics they use.

I take it that would be Telcos who have a mix of SONET and other stuff?
We can reroute anything here at COLT, but we have a pure SDH based network.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil () DOMINO ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)