nanog mailing list archives

Re: routes to hit 50,000 soon? or filter AS 7007....

From: davidk () ISI EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:31:13 -0700 (PDT)

Richard,

Richard Almeida writes:

And, because of the way you get CIDR allocations in Europe (and probably
everywhere else now)
      Join RIPE
      Apply for space for your own network
      This gets allocated from the beginning of a new /19 CIDR block
      Build NOC and 1st POP
      Then start applying-for/allocating customer address space

I would imagine a very large proportion of "newer" ISPs have critical stuff
in the 1st /24 of their 1st allocation ...

I know from the time that I worked at RIPE, that there were at least some
'weird' people that asked if we/they could start assigning from the top
of the /19 ..., and we accepted that. May be they were right after all ;-),

David K.
---