nanog mailing list archives

Re: routes to hit 50,000 soon? or filter AS 7007....

From: "Justin W. Newton" <justin () erols com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 17:17:07 -0400

At 09:08 PM 4/25/97 +0100, Adrian J Bool wrote:
Are your nameservers in the first class C of your CIDR block by any
chance???  They have been taking CIDR blocks and squirting out
Class C equivilents.

Sadly, many poeple (including me) think, oooh, nice big CDIR block lets
put all my important boxes in it's first Class C... Seems to be a
very bad descision ;-(

Thats actually a really good point.  I have (accidentally) protected myself
from this as I am using the first C of my CIDR block for interfaces which
never need to be reached by the outside world (hmm, time to move them to
net 10 I suppose).  Phil, is this something that might make some form of
sdense for that PIER doc you are writing?

Justin Newton
Network Architect
Erol's Internet Services            http://www.erols.com
ISP/C Director at Large             http://www.ispc.org