nanog mailing list archives

Re: Policy Statement on Address Space Allocations

From: bmanning () ISI EDU (Bill Manning)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 09:38:43 -0800 (PST)

Another factoid to consider - I know of a company that has a Class C that
they don't use.  To my knowledge, nobody has ever even asked that
they give it up.  Some automated email process could do this without
much effort.

        Well, almost.  The IPGR robot is, in fact, doing just that.

        As an aside, for my own private entertainment, I'm conducting
        a straw poll.

        If you beleive that prefix filtering is the right way to
        address this problem:

        or

        If you beleive that prefix charging is the right way to
        address this problem:

        or

        Gentle Renumbering requests will work.

        Your selection to me in private mail.  Door prizes at NANOG
        for the attending participants.

--
--bill