nanog mailing list archives

Re: Inter-exchange media types

From: Dorian Kim <dorian () cic net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 13:36:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Apr 1996 bmanning () isi edu wrote:

      There are rumors/rumblings afoot that we have a operational
      600M/b thingie which now has PCI interfaces in addition
      to the existing sbus, nubus and EISA bus cards.  Now if we
      can just get infrastructure vendors to provide something
      that we can plug into,  this would potentially make a
      reasonable ExchangeNG (tm).  Imagine a lan technology that
      would keep up with multiple incoming OC3s!  (where is that
      gigabit lan technology when you need it... :)

Yell at the router/switch/xxx vendor of your choice. :)

-dorian