nanog mailing list archives

Re: Inter-exchange media types

From: bmanning () isi edu
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 10:06:33 -0700 (PDT)

The problem for the major exchanges may soon be what to do when the
gigaswitch runs out of bandwidth.

Curtis

        There are rumors/rumblings afoot that we have a operational
        600M/b thingie which now has PCI interfaces in addition
        to the existing sbus, nubus and EISA bus cards.  Now if we
        can just get infrastructure vendors to provide something
        that we can plug into,  this would potentially make a
        reasonable ExchangeNG (tm).  Imagine a lan technology that
        would keep up with multiple incoming OC3s!  (where is that
        gigabit lan technology when you need it... :)

--bill