nanog mailing list archives

Re: 20402 routing entries

From: hoodr () netcom com (Robert Hood)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 10:57:25 PDT

According to NSF/ANSNET data, 23 aggregates ALONG with its covered 898 specific
routes are co-exist in the routing table now.  If the ASs withdraws all these more
specific routes, the routing table could be reduced by 898.  Given the urgent
need of reduce the routing table size, would these ASs withdraw those specific
routes as soon as possible?

I tried.  They told me that the forms and policy for removing more
specific routes were not in place yet, and that there would be an announcement
about it in a week or so.  (I tried to remove 150 routes).  I've got
a few hundred more to do next week.

--
    Robert Hood             hoodr () netcom com                1-408-983-1510
 System/Network Administrator for NETCOM On-line Communications Services, Inc.