Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Meterpreter Reverse HTTP(s) Payloads after last update

From: Sherif El-Deeb <archeldeeb () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 18:18:34 +0300

<+1
It would be great having a single metsrv-like reverse_https for those tricky
situations.
On Oct 5, 2011 5:35 PM, "Enis Sahin" <enis.c.sahin () gmail com> wrote:
Well, not many seem to be interested in the subject but I'd like to make
one
final request/recommendation on the issue of reverse HTTP(s) payloads.

Staged payloads are used to evade AV detection but in HTTP tunneled
scenarios where a Web Gateway with AV capabilities exits using staged
payloads make us go through two layers of AV (one in local, one in web
gateway). Plus SSL inspection is used in some infrastructures thus
utilizing
HTTPS connections to download the second stage doesn't improve the
outcome.

If HD is following these posts I'd like to request a sinlge stage reverse
HTTP(s) payload to be considered for the future versions. It is easier to
use different encodings and packers for local AV evasion and test against
local agents. Finding a combination of a delivery method which bypasses
local AV and a second stage which bypasses web gateway AV detection is
significantly harder. It seems like it would make more sense to battle on
one front and use a single stage in such scenarios.

Thanks.
Enis