Metasploit mailing list archives

Mac 64-bit Shellcode

From: Ty Miller <tyronmiller () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 08:11:08 +1000

Hey guys,

I am currently putting together some Mac 64-bit shellcode but am having
troubles extracting the shellcode on Linux. I can do it fine on Mac using
nasm and otool, which produces the expected small shellcode, but I want to
specifically do it from Linux as a central development location.

I'm developing on BT5. I can compile it as macho64 using nasm. objdump
doesn't recognise the macho64 format. I also used xxd and can see the small
amount of shellcode in amongst heaps of other junk, but I cant see an easy
way to automatically strip the shellcode from the xxd output.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx,
Ty