Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: post append_file kills meterpreter

From: Balint Varga-Perke <vpbalint () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 00:56:32 +0200

I also think that write_file() for plain *nix shells is basically broken:

session.shell_command_token("cat #{data} >> '#{file_name}'")

I think echo should be used instead of cat and whitespace in data should be properly escaped. Unfortunately I don't have idea yet to transfer binary data...

I would like to work on this issue, how should I send in patches?