Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: uninitialized constant Msf::Encoder::Type::PrintfUtil

From: Rob Fuller <mubix () room362 com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:06:23 -0400

Running Metasploit on a mac? I had the same issue recently when trying
to run Metasploit on mac via ports

--
Rob Fuller | Mubix
Certified Checkbox Unchecker

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Joshua J. Drake <jdrake () metasploit com> wrote:
I tried what you suggested, but in my SVN copy the file
modules/encoders/cmd/printf_util.rb
doesn't seem to exist.

I deleted the entire framework and re-downloaded via SVN and the same issue.
(SVN 10838)

I checked the available encoders (show encoders) and cmd/printf_util isn't
displayed in the list. However if you do a set ENCODER cmd/ and tab
autocomplete, cmd/printf_util is shown as an option (along with
printf_php_mq).

FWIW, I just tried svn update on backtrack and I was unable to
reproduce this issue.  Maybe you're not running the copy of Metasploit
that you updated .. .  This can happen on BackTrack due to some of
their packaging/shipping choices for Metasploit.

Try to run "ruby msfconsole" or "./msfconsole" instead of "msfconsole"
..

--
Joshua J. Drake