Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: uninitialized constant Msf::Encoder::Type::PrintfUtil

From: "Joshua J. Drake" <jdrake () metasploit com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:06:45 -0500

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 05:36:44PM +0200, mailing lists wrote:
I'm trying to run the windows/fileformat/adobe_cooltype_sing exploit
(outputting to PDF), and for some reason on the latest SVN I get the
following error (no file is created) .:

 [-] Exploit failed: uninitialized constant Msf::Encoder::Type::PrintfUtil

Try this:

framework3# rm -f lib/msf/core/encoder.rb modules/encoders/cmd/printf_util.rb
framework3# svn update

We haven't tracked the root cause of this yet, but it seems like
something isn't taking into account files that we have deleted/renamed
in the tree :-/

--
Joshua J. Drake