Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: DLL name for webdav_dll_hijacker exploit

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:37:12 -0500

On 8/29/2010 11:26 PM, anil saini wrote:
I m testing *webdav_dll_hijacker i*n metasploit. My exploit is working
fine if i use it through net share.
But i m facing problems with archives and folders which includes
meterpreter payload DLL and file.

 My test steps are:-
     1. Generate meterpreter payload DLL using msfpayload commad.
     2. Rename DLL as DLL mentioned in various forums.(for example for
ppt 2007 i m using pptimpconv.dll, pp7x32.dll, rpawinet.dll)
     3. Put DLL and file.ppt  in a folder
     4. Open file.ppt from folder

Same methodology using vbscript and javascript with their associated DLL
types is working.

That is the correct way to do it, make sure no background process is
running for the affected product.

-HD