Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: msfcli modules/auxiliary/server/capture/ftp.rb

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:37:09 -0500

On 3/26/2010 9:11 AM, sigtrap wrote:
But if you copy modules/auxiliary/server/capture/ftp.rb to ftpcli.rb and just remove line 38 ('Capture') the module
ftpcli.rb will work with msfcli. It is a work around until MSF 3.4. ;)
What do you mean by "multiple sessions"? I can run several modules this way with several different simultaneous
connections.
Regards

The difficulty is handling a single module instance that generates
multiple sessions. For example, using a client-side exploit such as
browser_autopwn, even if we solve the auxiliary issue, the user would
only be able to interact with the first session that appears. Since
msfcli does not have a session manager (as msfconsole does), there isn't
a good solution besides moving the msfcli guts to msfconsole.

You can stull run multiple instances of msfcli, but its a bigger
memory/startup time hit.

-HD