Metasploit mailing list archives

pcaprub module

From: hdm at metasploit.com (hdm)
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 22:20:22 -0500

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 23:15 -0400, jeffs wrote:
It seems to sniff http by default and I'm having difficulty killing
it.  Keeps saying type exit to exit but there is no prompt and I have
to either ctr-c kill it with many attempts or kill -9 it.

What is the syntax for filtering?  Anything I put in there just seems
to default to sniffing http traffic...

The kill bug is something we should look into; there are a few other
cases where that happens and its really annoying. The test/capture
module just sniffs http, thats it, its meant be an example you can
customize and not necessarily a useful module on its own.

-HD