Metasploit mailing list archives

dllinject/libloader.c modifications

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:31:46 -0500

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 07:42 -0400, Michael Artz wrote:

So, two questions:
   - Is there anything special that I need to do to be able to modify
loader2_main in libloader.c to make it generate valid shellcode?  I
was hoping that I could just edit and compile, however that doesn't
seem to be working for me, which could be a function of my edits.

That code is sensitive to external references/imports; make sure that
any Win32 API functions you call are stored in the local function table
and resolved dynamically.

   - If it does seem to be my edits, what is the best way to test/
debug the shellcode?  The included srv.exe?

Metasploit multi/handler or srv.exe works, you can also try the
Meterpreter Service:
http://phreedom.org/software/metsvc/

If you are running into problems modifying libloader.c, you may want to
try using Stephen Fewer's Reflective DLL Injection system instead. Take
a look at external/source/meterpreter/ (or
ReflectiveDllInjection_v1.0.zip) for more information.

-HD