Metasploit mailing list archives

is it possible to attach metasploit payloads

From: anastasiosm at gmail.com (Anastasios Monachos)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:10:56 +0100

Abhi,

2009/3/30 Abhishek Kumar <abhishek.luck at gmail.com>

hi list,

the suggested methods of injecting payloads in pdf files are
application specific (adobe acrobat reader).

That is correct, to read a pdf you need the appropriate program eg acrobat
reader, foxit, drumlin, document viewer amongst others. And in order to make
the xyz pdf reader to execute your code which embedded into the pdf you need
to know a vulnerability that can be successfully exploited. An exploit that
runs on PDF reader Y version =X does not mean it will run on PDF reader Z
version M, and it does not it will run on PDF reader Y version !=K.

can we have a generic pdf which is loaded with msf payloads and
waiting for the user action ??

abhi

Now back to your questions, I have not tried it and I am not sure if you can
have two or more exploits embedded in one pdf file, but I guess you
experiment with this idea; create two pdfs each one by using a different
exploit, examine the details of the exploits, see what bits each one make
use of and attempt to "merge" them.

In your scenario, I would write a web page that would detect the version of
pdf reader and the operating system, once your page has these info, call
msfcli to build the cuctom pdf file, and redirect the victim in another page
which will load only that pdf. Any successful exploitation could be reported
back to your msfconsole.

Please share any other suggestions or comments

--
AM