Metasploit mailing list archives

dllinject/libloader.c modifications

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:53:36 -0500

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 23:44 +0900, Jun Koi wrote:
BTW, what is the recommed solution now, when we have both Reflective
and Meterpreter, and both of them trying to do the same thing?

Reflective will probably become the default in the near future, barring
any major compatibility issues, with the old libloader-based injection
code being an optional stager.

Is it true that we might favour Reflective (future, if not now), and
get rid of Meterpreter in the future?

Meterpreter will still be around; its just the loading method that will
change. The Reflective design is a little more future-proof and Stephen
is committed to maintaining it.

-HD