Metasploit mailing list archives

MS08-067 added to SVN trunk (3.2-testing)

From: metafan at intern0t.net (metafan at intern0t.net)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 07:10:09 -0400

Hi Giorgio,

You need to find AcGenral.dll on your XP SP2 Italian system and then
issue the ./msfpescan -j esi AcGenral.dll , then it will return a lot
of possible (useful) return addresses though keep in mind that it may
not contain any of the bad characters, thus it might do other problems
as well :) To me, it looks like you haven't tried this before, yet it
shouldn't be hard to fix.

And yes, it's normal to get such a big list which is good (at least
in my oppinion when i recreate old ftp exploits), so try out some of
the return addresses, and make sure they don't have any bad characters
included, also make sure that you understand how the exploit works,
at least in the basic terms. :)

~ MaXe # That's all i can help you for now..

Hi, I successfully exploited the vuln on a xp sp3 eng. but following
your comment I couldn't reproduce it on a xp sp2 italian.
So I took the acgenral.dll from the xp sp3 english I successfully
exploited and issue the command you suggested:

msfpescan -j esi AcGenral.dll
but in the address list I couldn't find the one you use in the code
(0x6F8917C2)

is it normal?.

Thx in advance.

This is the list I've obtained