Metasploit mailing list archives

MS08-067 added to SVN trunk (3.2-testing)

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:25:51 -0500

On Tuesday 28 October 2008, Giorgio Casali wrote:
The addressess I've used for a XP SP2 ITA that don't work are:

0x596bf727 ---> Ret
0x596c16e2 --> Disable NX address

I was hoping acgenral.dll would not be localized, but seems to be the
case. If those addresses are not working, there may be something else
different, but the only way to check is to attach a debugger and look. If
you have the time, download and install WinDbg, attach to the svchost
process that includes the Browser and Event services (expand the + to see
the full command line/service list for each process), continue (F5),
launch the exploit, and then send me whatever exception it throws
(including the register state, eip, etc). Thanks!

-HD