Metasploit mailing list archives

MS08-067 Authentication against NTLMv2

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:47:03 -0600

McAfee BO protection may still be simple to bypass. We don't implement it
in Metasploit because its just a cat/mouse game, as soon as we change the
shellcode loader, they can add detection for that as well. If you are
intent on bypassing HIPS products, you need your own modified stagers
which are intentionally not public. For McAfee, they used to check the
calling address of LoadLibrary, if you copy the shellcode to a new
location before loading the libraries, you bypass their protection. This
may not be true any longer.

-HD