Metasploit mailing list archives

MS08-067 Authentication against NTLMv2

From: one.miguel at gmail.com (Juan Miguel Paredes)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:23:40 +0100

Hi,

We are testing the MS08-067 module in our environment and found that it does
not work against production systems which are forcing NTLMv2
authentication.  I've tested against a system where the authentication has
not been forced and it works against that.  Looking at the packets and the
there a way to enable NTLMv2 authentication in the module?  I've confirmed
that I can manually connect to the production system with a NULL session
outside of the framework (using net use).

Alternatively, can the framework use an existing connection (i.e. net use \\
10.0.0.1\ipc$ "" /U:"") and just send the 'sploit code that way?

Thanks.