Metasploit mailing list archives

another payload execution failure

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:49:55 -0500

Looks like windows/exec is buggy -- it is working OK for the bind/reverse
shell and meterpreter payloads, but there seems to be a problem with the
windows/exec one.

On Thursday 12 June 2008, Thomas Werth wrote:
thx,

but even with this payload aborts program like other msf-payloads, too.
I just like to mention nopsled with infinite loop runs fine without any
exception. Well that is enough to prove remote code execution is
possible. I'm just curios why msf payloads fail . Application is a
simple test prog where in nestled func a wrong for statement is
vulnerable.